BROOKE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Winners will be selected by contestant call-in participation during on-air contests, or be drawn at random by registering at www.541radio.com and submitting an on line entry form, or by submitting entry forms by mail to Brooke Communications, Inc., 1445 W. Harvard, Roseburg, OR 97471, in each case as specified in connection with a specific contest of Brooke Communications, Inc. (“BCI”).
- For contests held by The News Review winners will be drawn at random by registering at www.nrtoday.com and submitting an online entry form, or by submitting entry forms
by mail to The News-Review, 345 NE Winchester Street, Roseburg, OR 97470, in each
case as specified in connection with a specific contest of The News-Review. All mailed
entries may be mailed to The News-Review at 345 NE Winchester Street, Roseburg, OR
97470 with a self-addressed envelope stamped envelope.
- For contests that require a copy of The News Review, individuals may pick up a free copy of The News-Review from our office located at 345 NE Winchester St. Roseburg, OR 97470. Office is open Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Contestants must be legal U.S. residents.
- Contestants must be at least 18 years old or as otherwise specified in specific contest rules.
- Present and past employees of BCI, its radio stations, affiliates, sponsors, advertisers, and their immediate family members or households (persons living at the same address), are not eligible to participate and may not win any contest associated with BCI.
- BCI reserves the right to disqualify any entry or revoke any prize if the contestant does not meet any or all of the eligibility requirements.
- BCI and its sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, illegible or mutilated entries.
- All BCI contestants, whether entry is by U.S. mail, via its web site, or in response to over-the-air broadcast, are limited to one winner per household or immediate family per contest within a 30-day period.
- Winners of prizes valued at more than $600 must wait a total of three (3) months before becoming eligible to win additional prizes from BCI.
- BCI is not responsible for any failure of communications, failure of the Internet or its web sites, or allegation of telephone difficulties. In the case of a dispute over telephone lines, the decision of BCI is final. In the event that two telephone lines are tied together during a phone contest, the entire phone call will be disqualified and another phone call will be taken. BCI cannot award duplicate prizes to both parties in a “tied together” situation. An example of a “tied together” call may be two telephone calls originating from the same location or residence or a party line.
- Any tie will be broken by random drawing from among the tied, qualified entries. The drawing will be conducted by BCI, and the results of the drawing are final.
- Winners will be notified by phone, over the air, or by mail. Winners that cannot be contacted within five (5) business days by reasonable means will be disqualified.
- Prizes must be claimed in person at BCI’s offices at 1445 W. Harvard, Roseburg, OR 97471, claimed between 9AM and 5PM, Monday through Friday (except holidays), unless otherwise specified. Proper identification (e.g., valid driver’s license, passport, state ID, or military ID) is required. Prizes may be mailed at the discretion of BCI. BCI is not responsible for problems occurring within the postal system which may affect winners’ receipt of prizes or receipt of winning notices. Unless otherwise stated, prizes not claimed within seven (7) days of winning become the property of BCI.
- Concert tickets must be picked up in person at BCI’s offices at 1445 W. Harvard, Roseburg, OR 97471, by 5:00 PM on the date the prize is won. Any item or prize with a weekend expiration date not claimed by 5:00 PM on the Friday preceding the weekend expiration date will be forfeited with no compensation.
- In certain “unique situations,” a designated representative will be allowed to accept a prize for the winner. Written authorization from the winner including the representative’s name, ID, and a photocopy of the winner’s driver’s license or other valid government-issued ID is required. BCI will determine what constitutes a “unique situation.”
- All winning contestants are required to acknowledge acceptance of these contest rules either by signing a BCI winner release form, or by acceptance of a prize by mail if the prize is not picked up at BCI’s office.
- Winning contestants must show proof of social security numbers to BCI for any prize. This is for tax recording purposes only, and will not be used or released for any other purpose.
- An IRS 1099 MISC form will be completed and filed with the Internal Revenue Service for every prize (or combination of winnings) valued at $600 or more during the calendar year. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- All prizes are described by BCI either on the air, via BCI’s web site, or via signage at off-air events. Each prize has a predetermined value which is not negotiable.
- No substitution or other consideration, including cash, for the stated prize may be claimed. All prizes are non-transferable. In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, he or she forfeits all claim to that prize. BCI then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to a contest runner-up or not to award the prize.
- BCI reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value in the event of unavailability of a prize.
- BCI and its affiliates are not responsible for any changes or cancellations to a ticketed event for which passes or tickets have been awarded and no substitute prizes will be awarded.
- As a condition of participation in the contest, a contestant grants BCI the right, in its discretion, to reproduce, publicize, broadcast or post on its web sites his or her name, likeness, recorded voice and/or photograph or video for promotional purposes and for all matters relating to the contestant’s entry or contest participation without compensation.
- As a condition to accepting a prize, winner acknowledges that BCI and its affiliates are not responsible for any harm, injury, or damage caused to any person or property, proximate or otherwise, through the use of any prize by any person, and agrees to save and hold harmless BCI, its affiliates, its principals, agents and employees from any claim of such responsibility. “Harm, injury, or damage” includes but is not limited to occurrences beyond the control of BCI such as bodily injury or theft, expiration of an item or a prize, and cancellation or alteration of an event.
- Participation in the contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by these Official Rules.
- All contests entries become the property of BCI. BCI may withhold any contest materials needed to complete the contest.
- The contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Basic contest rules and addenda, or any other contest rules, are available for review by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Contest Rules, BCI, 1445 W. Harvard, Roseburg, OR 97471; or may be viewed on its web site at:www.541radio.com.
- Additions or deletions to these rules may be made at the discretion of BCI, and may be made at any time. Additional rules pertaining to specific contests may supplement or supersede these rules.
- All decisions of BCI are final and binding in all matters related to the contest.
Date the Official Contest Rules were last modified: January 6th, 2010